I keep wanting to get back to blogging more regularly, but then keep… not doing that. It’s not because I don’t have things on my mind that I want to write about, it’s just that… my thoughts are pretty much always about my baby. And I don’t really want this to turn into a parenting blog.
Or at least, I’m not ready to admit that it might just have to become that for a while. This baby really is the centre of my entire universe; my perspective on pretty much everything is now through the lens of parenthood (and I wouldn’t have it any other way), so here we are.
It does seem like the only way I’ll be able to fire up the old writing habit will be to start letting myself write about baby/parenting stuff. So, be prepared I guess? I’m still going to talking about gender stuff and feminist ideas/perspectives and all that, it’ll just have a different flavour I guess. Maybe i’ll even branch out once I’m back in the game! Stay tuned for more next week :)
Things I accomplished this year:
- Started this blog!
- Left a job that had been making me miserable for years
- Got a new job where I am content and feel appreciated
- Started a new relationship (squee!)
- Finished all of the requirements for my Master’s degree(!!!!!)
- Knitted a bunch of things
- Experienced major person emotional growth (related to a bunch of the above list items, but most notably changing jobs, and navigating new relationships
Things that I have dealt with this year:
- My little brother was shot, and subsequently disowned by my parents. (This seems to have been a little bit patched over – he sees my parents whenever I or my other brother are in town, but I don’t really know what’s going on beyond that. No one seems to want to talk about it – I think my parents are pretending it never happened or something. Awkward. I still have a lot of feelings about this.)
- I had a major mental break-down, which spurred my change in jobs
- My hubby ended a long(ish) term relationship. It was the first ongoing relationship he had developed since we got together, and it was a complicated thing to help him navigate its end.
- Hubby has also been having a lot of, well, not major exactly, but really confusing and scary medical issues. He’s had at least four ER trips this year, three via ambulance, and we don’t really know what’s behind it all.
- It might also be relevant to mention that my new partner is also my husband’s new partner. This has been a really interesting dynamic to navigate for all three of us. It’s good, but it’s not always easy.
It’s been a pretty wild ride, you guys. And I’m job-hunting again, now that I have new credentials and all!